Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Video Battle Report: Bugeater GT Winning Tyranids vs. Blood Angels/Imperial Guard


I will have a full rundown of Bugeater later, but in short I went 3-3, my worst showing ever at a GT, but in the process won best sportsman and was nominated by the judges for best painted. While I am quite perplexed as to how my army, many of the models included having been painted in the car on the way down to Nebraska, got a perfect score on the initial appearance rubric, I am more than honored that my opponent’s thought so highly of me that I would earn the sportsmanship award.

Only the best armies are painted in this manner.
Before I go more into Bugeater (and all the GT's I have played in this Spring), I thought I would share this battle report which has been lost in a sea of tech troubles. It is timely though, as in it I face off against Matt Root, who not only won Bugeater for the second year in a row, but did so with the list I face here in this video. Facing off against his monster of a list, I will be using my triple land raider blood angels with imperial guard allies.

You can check it out after the jump!




I made some pretty big tactical errors, most notably in my objective placement and use of the ASM. Not only did this split my force up, but it helped him put me in a position where Doom and the Ymgarls would be more effective. That said, the fact that a single extra wound on the tervigon on my board edge could have fully changed the game says something (though I am not sure what) about the triple raider list. The real death of this list, which was part of my path back to Nids was back to back losses I took against Hulksmash whose double blob list (all with meltabombs) along with his ability to control where the blob comes in really showed a gaping hole that needed to be filled.


1 comment:

  1. Your lucky you avoided fighting the greater good. Send me a message on dakkadakka I have something to show you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...