Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Golden Throne GT Video Report

Got back from a great weekend in San Jose playing in the Golden Throne GT. This week and next there will be a full tournament review as well as all the battle reports, but today I present you with the first ever video content on Turn 7 Wargaming. This video contains interviews with my opponents and the tournament winner and is full of great thoughts, sights, and sounds related to 6th edition. Two things of note;

1. There is spoilers after the jump. If you want to read the battle reports spoiler free then watch the video


2. I am used to Final Cut Pro and HD cameras. While I have gotten awards in small film festivals for some of my directing, this video is a little rough. Turns out Windows Movie Maker and my iPod are a big jump in technology away from what I am used to. Don't hate the quality, hate the fact you weren't there in person!



In the end I took 17th out of 55. I had two goals going into an event. The first, to finish in the top half, was a success. My second was to be able to play Reece Robbins, which I lucked into. Mission accomplished. Watching all of the Frontline battle reports and seeing him in the Adepticon live feed made him a figure that I knew I would have a game against and would be both fun and tactical against. Thanks to Reece and all of my opponents, I enjoyed every single game.

Top four were Necrons, Grey Knights, DE/Eldar, and Sisters of Battle. Very diverse fields of armies with a bit of everything near the top which is refreshing to see.

Also to my opponents in the team tournament, sorry if I was incoherent, lots of games and not much sleep mixed with 1.5 hour rounds made everything a bit fuzzy.

Overall a great event that you can look for more content covering over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...