Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Missing Dark Vengeance Rant


So I ordered Dark Vengeance from Games Workshop as soon as I saw it had gone on pre-order. I knew I was paying a little more this way than if I bought it from another retailer, but since I was tied down at work Saturday I figured this way I would be able to have all of Sunday and Monday of the holiday weekend to play with my new toys. It didn't come Saturday.

Bummer I thought. I mean, GW sent me an email that said they had sent it Wednesday morning, plenty of time to move the goods from Tennessee to Minnesota, so this obviously was not their fault. Then on Tuesday I checked the mail and there was no wonderful package waiting for me. This is where I started feeling slighted. I paid 25% more to have the limited edition come from GW rather than elsewhere, and $8 more to have a limited edition in the first place so that I would have it a week earlier than the regular release. So I pop open my email and I check out the tracking information.

My package is currently in Illinois. That is some bad work on FedEx's part right? My precious game is only halfway to me after 6 days of transit. Then I noticed when GW gave FedEx my package...Friday night.

My reaction was kinda like this.

Seriously. You are going to give FedEx my preorder...in Mississippi...only three hours before I could pick it up in person from a store that I actually would feel good about supporting?

I am pretty peeved right now. Unless FedEx saves GW's face by really delivering on their "The World on Time Slogan" a certain customer support line may be getting a call about some poor decisions that were made in the supply train management department. I can understand the holiday causing issues, but this might be crossing the line.

Has anyone else heard of others not getting their Dark Vengeance sets yet?

All is not terrible though; I got this sweet custom airbrushed hat for free:



 More on Daemons later today.

2 comments:

  1. This is the thing with GW preorder. It doesn't make any sense. With their new system, everything you preorder is shipped on Friday, or even the monday after it goes in the store. Happenned to me when I preorder the 6th ed rule book. Could have had it 4 days earlier if only I had gone directly to the store. It doesn't make any sense. They want people to go in their store so bad that they have change it that a preorder arrive after the store date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently this is happening all over, and a lotta folks that ordered the limited edition boxset are being denied as well.
    I don't understand why GW didn't manufacture a mountain of 'em- it's practically printing money.
    :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...