Monday, September 3, 2012

Video Battle Report - Tyranids vs. Daemons of Chaos (Flying Circus)

 
Last Thursday I played against one of the regulars in the Twin Cities, Frozen North Gaming club founder Jeff. In the past I had only faced Jeff’s Grey Knight Purifier lists, but over the summer he has been building up some Daemons of the flying circus variety;

Fateweaver
Lord of Change (Breath of Chaos/Chaos Icon)
5 Flamers
10 Pink Horrors
10 Pink Horrors
5 Screamers
Daemon Prince (Wings/Breath of Chaos/Bolt of Tzeentch/Mark of Tzeentch)
Daemon Prince (Wings/Breath of Chaos/Bolt of Tzeentch/Mark of Tzeentch)

I brought;

Hive Tyrant (Warlord/Wings/Twin-Linked Devourers x2)
Hive Tyrant (Wings/Twin-Linked Devourers x2)
Doom of Malan’tai (Spore Pod)
Tervigon (Onslaught/Catalyst/Cluster Spines/Toxin Sacs)
Tervigon (Catalyst/Cluster Spines)
11 Termagants
10 Termagants
2 Carnifex (Twin-Linked Devourers x2)
Trygon (Toxin Sacs)
Trygon (Toxin Sacs)
Aegis Defense Line (Communications Relay)

The mission is best 2/3 while playing the scouring (5 objectives at 3VP and fast attack is scoring and fast give 1KP/table quarters/kill points).

Check out the video after the jump!



Wednesday I will talk about the game, including the numerous things I did wrong, as well as working on developing a game plan for Tyranids for taking down the flying circus.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the game! My voice doesn't sound like kermit the frog on real life I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a few similar lists at NOVA: they are so resilient with Fateweaver it's not funny. I think if you face one, and aren't focusing everything on Fatey until he's dead you're probably gonna pay for it. Re-rollable 3+ is ~89%; re-rollable 4+ is ~75%: those are tough odds to get through. Jeff's target priority on the carnifexes was spot on, as was your comment about throwing Doom and the 2nd Trygon at Fatey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an appearance in the background @3:40, I'm famous!! I agree with losing the carnifexes early in the game caused some problems for you. What worked for me against Fateweaver was grounding him and having an assault unit ready to pounce on him, but you still are relying on a die roll to stay grounded.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...